If you are a smartphone user, there are various issues you will come across during your day-to-day life. In general, Android devices are pretty flexible, but when it comes to customization, it has some limitations. To reduce the barrier of customization, you will have to root the device and start customizing it. However, when it comes to rooting, it is a pretty risky task that should be done with proper awareness. To do that, you will have to use an Android root software, and this article is written about them.
One of the main purposes of rooting a device is to install advanced apps that are not permitted otherwise. By default, Android allows you to install apps of certain requirements only. After rooting, the burden is lifted, and you can easily install those ‘restricted' apps afterward.
The process of rooting, in general, must be performed by a user who has excellent knowledge in Android apps. If you are a rookie, we strongly suggest you stay away from conventional rooting apps. If not, eventually, you will end up causing damage to your phone. Yes. If rooting goes wrong, your device can end up in a bricked or frozen situation. However, if you use the right kind of rooting tools and learn how to use them, rooting is easy. That is exactly why you should find the best Android root software and practice it. We have done the required research for you and ended up with a list of Android root software tools. You can read the list and a brief introduction to each of those tools in this article.
Part 1: What you must know before rooting
Before choosing Android root software and start rooting with it, there are few things you should know. These things become particularly important in order to protect your data stored in the device.
- Before everything else, you are required to take a backup of the respective device you intend to root. That is because rooting will erase all the data files in your Android device. So, be sure to keep a backup of the images, videos, SMS, app data, etc. on the device.
- In addition to that, the other most important thing you should remember is the battery life. We strongly recommend you to charge your device in full before starting the rooting process. If your device switches off during the rooting process, the device can experience critical damage. So, give it a 100% charge before rooting it.
- Besides, you should turn the USB debugging mode on as an initial step. You are also required to unlock OEM as well. To accomplish that, you will have to navigate to the settings of the device first. Then, you should find the option called ‘Developer's Options.' On this, you will have to enable USB debugging and OEM.
Once you have fulfilled the things mentioned above, you should start rooting the device.
Part 2: Top 6 best Android root software tools
As we have mentioned before, choosing the right kind of software is exceptionally important. In fact, we have done the hard part for you. That means we have done the research and found the best Android root software for our readers. Mentioned below is the list we have prepared. You can go through the list and find the most appropriate option for you.
#1 Best Android Root Software – Odin Root
Odin Root is considered to be one of the most popular tools, especially among Samsung users. Thanks to the smart algorithm and the power of Odin, it doesn't need you to worry about bootloaders, etc. It can easily flash the firmware of any Android device (especially Samsung). Just like the official debugging component offered by Samsung, Odin can unlock the bootloader for you. Odin Root Toolkit is so powerful.
Pros of Odin Root
- Odin Root doesn't associate any risks (such as damaging your device).
- It gives you the fullest control on the Android device you intend to root.
- It requires you to connect your Android device to a computer before rooting it.
- In general, Odin Root takes longer than usual to root your device.
#2 Best Android Root Software – Kingo Root
This is another highly versatile rooting software that comes with some advanced features as well. Despite the versatile features, it gives you excellent convenience because of the one-click root strategy. That means Kingo Root is considered to be a ‘One-Click‘ root category. Thanks to the special features and high versatility, this tool can root virtually any device regardless of the brand. According to our research, we found that King Root to be a well-established Android root software found on the web.
Guide for you: how to root Android phone with KingRoot
Pros of Kingo Root
- This versatile Android root tool is compatible perfectly with Android 4.2.2 and earlier versions.
- Kingo Root gives you the option of removing (unroot) the device whenever you need it.
- It is a free tool to use.
- You cannot use it with Android versions anything newer than 4.2.2.
- This is not the most powerful root tool.
#3 Best Android Root Software – King Root
This is another outstanding software that comes with very straightforward features. You can categorize this tool as a ‘one-click‘ root software because of its convenient functionality. Well, the entire rooting process can be triggered using a single click only. The best thing associated with this tool is that it doesn't require the assistance of a computer.
Pros of King Root
- It comes as an interesting and convenient interface for the users.
- You don't have to connect your smartphone to the computer to root the device.
- This tool can put your device at a higher risk (of being bricked).
- Updates are very rare with this tool.
This is another efficient tool that made it to this list, particularly because of the versatility it features. In addition to working as a rooting software, you can use this tool for other functions as well. For instance, it can be used to uninstall apps that are no longer useful. Also, it can enhance the boot performance of the device and grant access to hidden features.
The detailed guide for you: how to root Android phone with iRoot
Pros of iRoot
- This tool supports a wide array of Android devices under different brands and models.
- The success rate of iRoot is higher.
- It doesn't cost you any money.
- It doesn't give you the option of unrooting.
- Not that advanced.
#5. Root Genius
To make use of Root Genius and root your device, you must connect the device with PC. This is a portable rooting software that wants you to enable USB debugging mode before rooting.
Pros of Root Genius
- Compatible with a large range of devices.
- Simple and easy to operate the device.
- It can be used to enable Flash ROM.
- It can be used to remove built-in apps once the rooting is done with it.
- It doesn't offer you the option of unrooting.
TunesGo is another handy PC Suite that is compatible with iOS as well as Android devices. Interestingly, Google and Apple recognize this tool as a legitimate one. As of today, it has gained a large number of the fanbase.
- It is a safe and easy way of rooting your Android device for good.
- It unlocks the bootloader of your Android device on its own.
- This tool has some compatibility issues with some devices.
- It requires a PC connection to complete the rooting process.
There is no shortage of incidents in which users experience some issues with their rooted Android devices. If you experience such an issue, don't feel helpless at all. There is a tool called iMyFone Fixppo for Android to address such situations. In fact, iMyFone Fixppo works as a highly versatile tool that can actually resolve various issues.
It comes as a complete package and solves a variety of Android issues regardless of the type of the device. Many experts across the globe consider Fixppo to be a one-stop solution for all the common Android-related issues.
Features of iMyFone Fixppo for Android
Here are some of the most notable features of this tool.
- Even a beginner can use it.
- Impressive repair rate.
- Works as an all-in-one tool to address Android issues.
- Very fast and efficient.
- Used and praised by many individuals.
How to use iMyFone Fixppo to fix an issue on Android
Here are the steps you should take in order to fix an Android-related issue.
- First, download the program on the computer and get it installed.
- Launch the program and provide the required details about your device.
- Click on the option called ‘Download Firmware‘ (appears as a button).
- Then, the software will automatically download the firmware package.
- Now, put the device in download mode. If you need any help regarding this, you should refer to the guide provided by Fixppo.
- Then, get your device connected to the same PC.
- As the final step, let the program detect the issue and resolve it. Once the process is done, you will see that the device starts automatically without any issue.
As you might notice, there are plenty of options available in the market as Android root software. Needless to say, these tools comprise of benefits and drawbacks. So, it is obvious that you have to do a substantial amount of research before choosing software. If you root a device with a wrong tool, it is too risky. So, make sure that you use the best Android root software.