As appealing as iTunes may be, it's not the optimal iPhone file manager to use. iTunes has been known to be problematic, and when managing your iPhone's data, reliability is important. When it comes to reliability, we recommend that you ditch iTunes and look into another iPhone file manager. Now, there are plenty of alternatives out there, and it isn't always easy to decide which program to use. For that reason, we've put together a list of the best iOS file managers out there and some of the features that they have to offer. For Android users, please switch to Top Android File Managers.
- #1 – dr.fone – Transfer (iOS)
- #2 – iMyfone TunesMate
- #3 – AnyTrans
- #4 – SynciOS Manager
- #5 – CopyTrans Manager
At the top of our iPhone file manager list, we have Dr.Fone – Transfer for iOS. This tool is a part of Dr.Fone Toolkit and is without a doubt the most reliable solution that there is. Not only does it provide you with a quick and easy transfer process, but if you choose to use it as an iTunes alternative, then you'll have much better control over your iOS data.
It is compatible with iPhones, iPads, and iPods, all of which should have the best iOS data management tool. Some of the key features of Dr.Fone – Transfer (iOS) are:
- Transfer a wide range of data such as music, contacts, videos, photos, contact information, and apps. Also transfer WhatsApp messages to new phone for you.
- Take backups or export any of the data on your iPhone, like WhatsApp backup and restore.
- Selectively import and export data to and from your iOS device without existing data being deleted.
- Compatible with any iOS device.
- Uninstall multiple applications at once instead of individually.
iTunes Library Transfers.
This is the most important feature, of course. After moving from iTunes to Dr.Fone, the last thing that you'll want to do is transfer your data manually. Dr.Fone has direct access to your iTunes library so that you can continue to manage it. Music, videos, photos, contact information, and much more – all things which can be managed with dr.fone – iOS Transfer.
Look for a better way to manage your photo gallery? With dr.fone's photo management tools you're able to organize, delete, and add photos to your iPhone. After clicking the “Photos” tab, you can browse through all of the photos that are currently stored on the connected device and manage them however you see fit. This is a great feature to use for exporting photos and freeing up space on your iPhone.
Most of us have music on our iPhones as well as videos and movies. Just as you can manage your photos, you can use Dr.Fone to manage all of the media that you have stored on your iOS device. By clicking on the relevant tab (e.g., “Music”), you're able to browse, add, export, delete, and create playlists if needed.
Backup Contacts and Text Messages.
If you take a look at the “Information” tab, you'll see that you can browse all of the contact information that is stored on your iPhone as well as the SMS text messages. After a few months, your text messages will start to fill up a lot of your storage space. With this feature, you're able to export your text messages so that they aren't gone forever but delete them from your phone so that they aren't filling up storage.
When it comes to contact information, you can add new contacts, delete contacts in bulk, or edit the information. This makes it significantly easier to transfer your contacts to a new smartphone!
Manage iOS Apps.
Managing apps from your iPhone can be time-consuming. Whether you're reinstalling them after a factory reset or deleting them in bulk. Being able to manage your iPhone's apps from a computer makes it easier to do so.
iOS File Explorer.
With this useful iPhone File Manager feature, you can dig deeper into your iPhone's files. Unlike Android devices, there isn't an easy way to browse an iPhone's files. That being said, with this feature, you're able to dig deeper and view all of the files that are stored on your iPhone.
Download dr.fone for Windows Download dr.fone for Mac
Now that you have a better idea of what dr.fone – iOS Transfer is and some of the features that it includes, you can try it out for yourself. There is a free trial available so even if you don't plan on purchasing it, at least take a few minutes to check it out for yourself.
#2 – iMyfone TunesMate
Another fantastic iPhone file manager is iMyfone TunesMate. This multi-purpose program is perfect for managing iOS devices' data. Some of its core features include:
- Transfer data between iTunes, your computer, and an Android or iOS device.
- Selectively transfer data as needed.
- Easily transfer your data between iOS and Android devices without experiencing incompatibility.
- Capable of transferring any data types such as photos, music, text messages, and videos.
- Remove duplicate data from your smartphone for optimal storage.
- Built-in data search to help you locate specific files that are on your device.
#3 – AnyTrans
Next up is AnyTrans. This popular iPhone file manager can be used on both Windows and Mac computers and includes a lot of different iOS data management tools. The modern and sleek interface makes it easy to use and easy for beginners to learn. Some of AnyTrans' key features are:
- Browse your device's data and selectively back up only the files that you want to.
- Import and export data from your iPhone easily. This includes any type of media as well as your photos, music, and recorded videos.
- Manage your iPhone's library, the playlists that you've created, and restore your iTunes library in the event of data corruption.
- Directly transfer data between two iPhones, selectively, and with full control.
- Manage your iTunes and iCloud backups' data and restore the data selectively.
- Clone your iPhone's data onto another iPhone.
- Transfer data from your iPhone onto your computer, without the help of iTunes.
#4 – SynciOS Manager
SynciOS Manager is another perfect iPhone file manager that is worth checking out. This program will provide you with a wide range of iOS data management tools, including most of the features that you'd expect to see on iTunes. Whether you want to transfer your photos and videos, or you want to manage your iPhone's music – SynciOS Manager can be used for all of these things and more.
- Create your own ringtones using music from your iTunes library.
- Transfer contact information, media, text messages, photos, and videos between your computer and iOS device.
- A free trial is available, although with the premium version you can access more features.
- Sleek user-interface and very easy to use.
- Compatible with all up-to-date iOS versions.
#5 – CopyTrans Manager
Last on our list is CopyTrans Manager. This free and reputable iPhone file manager has a similar user-interface to iTunes and has a wide variety of features that can be used to manage all of your iTunes media. One reason that this is an ideal file manager for iPhones is that there are user guides available; this alone makes it great for beginners. Below are some of the features that CopyTrans has to offer.
- Transfer data between your iOS device, computer, and iTunes library easily.
- Back up your iPhone data selectively and easily.
- Unlike iTunes, back up your iPhone's contact information.
- Copy all of your iOS device's data to your iTunes library.
- Restore your iTunes library if data corruption strikes.
- Edit media information including the artist, name, ratings, and ID3 tags.